Tuesday, June 14, 2011

No rest for the weary.

We have this problem at our house from time to time: Peoples isn't sleeping.
Namely Frankenstein isn't sleeping.  She does sleep, but not well.  And I have no idea what is up with that.

Do you know what happens when Frank doesn't sleep?  Mama doesn't sleep.  You know what happens when Mama doesn't sleep?  You don't really want to know.  You definitely don't want to witness it.  She turns into a scary, scaly, great, gray, green, greasy dragon all set about with fever trees.
It's not that I can't go to sleep.  I am completely capable of going to sleep.  BUT.  If I wake up in the night, I can't go back to sleep.  So, if I have to go to the bathroom, it is, at the very least, an hour before I can go back to sleep, but sometimes it doesn't happen at all.  If Ellie wakes up, I might as well forget about it.  The only thing insomnia is good for is catching up on the DVR and reading in peace.  The real kick in the ass is that I can't nap either.  I put the baby down, and she's guaranteed to be out for a good hour, probably more.  Tyler is occupied, and he doesn't get into stuff, so I go lay down.  I almost never sleep during naptime.  I could function if I could get a nap, but my body does not cooperate.

If you see me, and I'm in a bad mood, there is no real reason, it's just that I'm tired.  And when I'm tired, everything irritates me.  You aren't even allowed to talk.  And if you wake up the baby after I just fought with her for an hour to go to sleep, you will see my head spin around and I will spew pea soup aaaall up in here.

Fortunately for me and my entire family, and possibly the entire universe, modern medicine has come up with this wonderful thing called ambien.  I had one of these lovelies last night.  I have had them for about a week and hadn't taken one yet.  I was up early Monday morning at about 2am until about 4am, and then Ellie was up at 6am- and I didn't have a nap.  I was exhausted.  I decided it was time to give it a try, and see how it worked for me.  I had no idea how sleep-deprived I actually was.  I woke up this morning feeling like ME.  I wasn't groggy, I wasn't sleepy, I felt like myself and it was awesome.  
Remember how when you were a kid, and you would wake up in the morning in the summer and it was rainy, and you would just lay in bed, roll around and feel the smooth, cool sheets, look up at the ceiling, enjoy the dim light and quiet, listen to soft patter of the rain and the occasional roll of thunder.  And it was fabulous, and you would stretch out in the bed and snuggle a pillow for a little bit, and then you would start to think about what you were going to do when you got up?
That was what this morning was like for me.  I just woke up, felt awake, and just enjoyed my surroundings.  Then my darling husband brought the baby in, with a bottle and a diaper, and then Tyger came down and got into bed with us and we snuggled and played and it was fabulous.
Then we ate Cheerios, played on the tiger blanky, watched Scooby Doo and then F'stein went down for a nap.
There hasn't been much going on with the P&B lately.....everything is pretty routine.
Although, Ellie has been tricking me the past couple of days.  She is so gassy!  She's been farting in her diapers and tricking me into thinking it's poop.  I get the dipe open, and there's nothing there.  So I change the dipe, and guess what?  Ten minutes later she's got a fresh diaper full of stinkypoo.  Thanks for that, kid.

Yesterday, we had spaghetti for dinner.  Now, my picky eater, Tyler, always complains about whatever we are having.  I think he's getting better though, because I put tomato sauce on his spaghetti, and he didn't whine.  He just asked if we had shaky cheese (parmesian), but we were out. :(  Then he ate all of his food.  He didn't even complain about the meat in the sauce.  Maybe he's finally going to let me out of parents of picky eater's hell.  I need a support group.

Let's recap: insomnia, farting tricks, Parents of Picky Eater's Support Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.