I think it's pretty ridiculous that by 8:30 a.m., I already have blog material for the day.
There's no poop and boogers today. Sorry. But this is better......
This morning, I discovered there is a Jesus drawer in my refrigerator.
Let me explain.
My morning routine goes like this: I get up, change and feed the baby, put her in the exersaucer or Pack n Play, grab a can of Diet Dr. Pepper and sit down in front of the computer for some "much needed"<insert eyeroll> facebooking and internet surfing. It's like a morning coffee and the funnies at the kitchen table.
It wakes me up. It helps me feel connected to the world. Yahoo news is very informative.
I mainly do this because I hate cartoons. And what do kids want to do in the morning? Hostile takeover of the remote so I can't watch anything on tv. Well, I could watch whatever I wanted, but then I would have to listen to a bunch of whining, and it just isn't worth it.
So........the Jesus drawer. In the refrigerator. It's like, Jesus took control of my vegetable bin.
Sounds awesome, doesn't it?
It doesn't have sandals and a robe in it. No brush for long flowing tresses. No crown of thorns (who would want that anyway). No water to walk upon.
Eternal salvation cannot be found in my refrigerator.
But you know what it's like?
Remember that time Jesus was speaking and a ton of people showed up? And it got to be lunchtime and the people were hungry........they had some fish and some bread, and then he turned water into wine? (Wait, was that all at the same time, or two separate episodes?) It doesn't matter about the wine. This has nothing to do with wine.
So they are all sharing fish and bread, and there is enough for everyone even though it should have run out a long time ago. But it doesn't, and everyone fills up on fishes and loaves.
The drawer in my fridge on the bottom right hand side is like that.
I keep soda in there. Every day since Tuesday, I thought there were two left. So I was going to save one for Wednesday morning. Wednesday, I had one, and thought I was out. I looked again because I wanted one in the afternoon, and there was one in there. And I was like, well, I guess I won't have one for Thursday, because I'm not going shopping until Friday. So this morning, I thought I would just check to see if maybe there was one in there, even though I knew it was empty. But THERE WAS ONE IN THERE!
Jesus loves me.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.